Turn your favorite hat into an ActionHat with the patent-pending ActionHat® FlexFrame DIY Kit. Check out the video below for the quick and easy instructions.
- ActionHat® FlexFrame
- ActionHat® Aluminum Mount
- Mounting Screws
1. We recommend placing the mount at least 2 inches above the bill. At 2 inches above the bill, the frame will tuck neatly inside the hat brim. Tucking the frame into the hat is a cleaner install, but not mandatory. If using a hat with a centered logo, you can position the mount above the logo.
2. Using the aluminum mount as a template, mark where you would like to place the holes. The holes should be 1 inch apart.
3. Using a blade, push it through the hat where marked. Do NOT use a drill.
4. Place the frame inside the hat. You can install the frame in any orientation. We recommend testing it in multiple positions to determine the best fit.
5. Once you have determined the orientation of the frame, hold the frame flush against the hat and push the screws through. Screw into the threaded holes on the aluminum mount.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will it work with other cameras?
The ActionHat will work with any GoPro camera or other action camera that uses a same style attachment. Other action cameras or point and shoot cameras will need the Universal Adapter for GoPro to connect via a 1/40 screw.